apple orchards and farmer’s market…

apple-trees-and-pumpkins-bapple-trees-and-pumpkins-aapple-trees-and-pumpkins-gapple-trees-and-pumpkins-eapple-trees-and-pumpkins-c

We finally had cooler weather last weekend.  It reminded me of our recent trip to the mid-west.  And, so, I was inspired to post some more pictures from that trip.  And, here they are!

Lots of beautiful apples and pumpkins at Rendleman’s in Alto Pass, IL.  This was a fun little day trip, driving through the country side lined with apple orchards.  As I mentioned in a earlier post, I’d never seen an apple tree before.  The trees were full and harvesting had already started.  As you can see in one of the pictures above, one row of trees was already picked.

I wish that the leaves had started to turn shades of yellow, red, and orange.  Unfortunately, were there too early to see the change.  I can only imagine how beautiful it must look at this moment.  We don’t see the change in seasons here in Florida, and this is the only time of year I wish I could spend more time further North.

Where do you live?  Is the weather starting to change, along with the leaves?

21 Comments

1. October 7, 2014 / 8:16 am

They’re starting to change now and it is really beautiful. I’ve seen it my whole life so it never occurred to me some people don’t get the opportunity to see the transformation!

• October 8, 2014 / 8:42 am

Hi Nora,
      You should post some pictures on your blog. I’d love to see how the area has transformed!
      xo, Maria

2. October 7, 2014 / 9:24 am

I don’t get to see the change in seasons either as I live in Florida as well. That is why we decided to make a short weekend trip to North Carolina hoping to get to see some. Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures! XOXO, Jeannette

• October 8, 2014 / 8:40 am

Hi Jeannette,
      I hope you have an amazing trip to North Carolina. Thank you so much for continuing to visit my blog. And, I am in love with your blog!
      xoxo, Maria

3. October 7, 2014 / 9:35 am

Wow great pictures! I am heading up to Western New York this weekend (from Georgia) and I can not wait to see the changing leaves and pick fresh apples! Thanks for getting me excited!

xo Rachel

• October 8, 2014 / 8:39 am

Hi Rachel,
      I’m so happy you enjoyed the pictures I took. New York should be amazing this time of year. I hope you have tons of fun!
      xo, Maria

• October 8, 2014 / 8:38 am

Hi Carli,
      Thank you for visiting my and for the lovely compliment on my pictures. I’m glad you enjoyed the post.
      xo, Maria

4. October 7, 2014 / 1:29 pm

Your pictures are beautiful! The leaves here still haven’t really started to change; we’re still waiting for the show!

• October 8, 2014 / 8:36 am

Hi Lynn,
      I’m happy that you enjoyed the pictures I took. When you start to see the leaves change please send me some pictures. I really want pictures from the Giant City Lodge area. Paul said it was gorgeous in that area when the season changes.
      xo, Maria

• October 8, 2014 / 8:35 am

Hi Daisy,
      I’m so happy you enjoyed the pictures, they really didn’t do the area justice in my opinion.
      I hope you have a wonderful day!
      xo, Maria

5. October 7, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Your photos are gorgeous! I do love this time of year when the leaves start to change color! Here in Canada the leaves changed a long time ago and now they are starting to fall off! 🙁 Your fall photos are beautiful!

Rebecca

• October 8, 2014 / 8:33 am

Hi Rebecca,
      Wow, Canada! My neighbor is from Canada and she tells me how wonderful the changing of the seasons is up there. I can’t believe the leaves are already starting to fall off. I guess you’ll have winter soon?
      Thanks so much for stopping by!
      xo, Maria

6. October 7, 2014 / 9:18 pm

It looks so perfect! Fall is such a great time of year, and the apple orchard is one of my favorite places to go!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

• October 8, 2014 / 8:32 am

Hi Megan,
      This was such a cool trip. My in-laws laughed at me because I was like “what are those red things all over the tress?” And they were apples! It was silly, but really funny.
      xo, Maria

7. October 8, 2014 / 2:39 am

hey Maria
    I’m from Poland. Here autumn already has started. Trees are getting new colors, and – thanks God – we have nice weather last days, so you can really enjoy beautiful “golden” polish autumn (as we saying here). I hope that this weekend I will be able to make some pics to show how it looks here.

Aleksandra | Love Street Fashion

• October 8, 2014 / 8:30 am

Hi Aleksandra,
      I’m excited to see your pictures of the season changing in Poland. Thank you for stopping by again, it made my day brighter!
      xo, Maria

8. October 11, 2014 / 8:39 am

Your pictures are really good, Rita! They capture the sights of Autumn in the Midwest perfectly!

9. November 26, 2014 / 8:34 pm

Lovely photos…..bring back the Halloween time!