I cannot believe that November is already here! It marks the beginning of my favorite time of year. It’s the time of year that my cooking and baking skills get a work out. It all started a few years ago when we started having Thanksgiving at my house. This year will be no different. So, I’m starting to test a few recipes now. I wanted to start with an apple dessert of some sort, but didn’t want to make the classic apple pie. Truth be told, I wanted something easier and faster. This apple tart recipe is just that! It is a simple, quick no fail recipe.
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a pinch of ground cloves (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets
- 1/4 stick butter
- 3 to 5 tablespoons of apricot jam or preserves
- flour (for rolling out puff pastry)
- Thaw both puff pastry sheets per instructions on the box.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples.
- Combine apples with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
- Roll out both puff pastry sheets and cut to fit into tart pans.
- Baste tart pans with a small amount of butter, then place puff pastry into each, and score a circle into the puff pastry (as shown above). Be careful not to go all the way through to the bottom, this is a light cut.
- Arrange apples onto each tart pan, and top with any remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Top each with three small cubes of butter (as shown above).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Warm apricot jam and baste tops of tarts right after removing from oven.
- Makes about 10 apple tarts.
SHOP THE POST
I hope you enjoy making this for one of your upcoming family gatherings. I definitely cannot wait to make it for my friends and family.
Enjoy! Buen Provecho!